National Strategic Plan for Early Childhood Care and Education Programmes 2011-2013
This plan guides the delivery of early childhood care and education programmes in Ireland. It contains a number of objectives, which are guided by the principles of Siolta, the National Quality Framework and Aistear the National Curriculum Framework.
Objectives of the Strategic Plan 2011-2013:
- To develop comprehensive childcare supports, infrastructure and services where the holistic well-being of children and families are fundamental.
- To enhance quality early childhood education and care and school age provision.
- To consolidate investment in the sector in order to support the continuing development of a stable, integrated and sustainable infrastructure.
- Through ongoing professional development, to build on the capacity of the ECCE sector to enhance and develop quality services for children and their families
- To ensure effective and transparent collaboration, communication and consultation, and optimum use of resources by all stakeholders in early childhood care and education.