Yes! Some things to consider might include:
- Who will organise and manage the group – one person or a committee?
- Location – a suitable space with regular availability will be required
- Insurance – check out your insurance options
- Fire Safety – has the Local Fire Officer checked the building and have you been advised on fire drills
- Funding – how will you cover overhead costs? Will there be a charge per family? Are you eligible for a grant?
- Toys and Facilities – do you have access to age appropriate equipment?
- Advertising – how do you get word of the group out there?
If you are interested in setting up a Parent & Toddler Group in your area Kilkenny County Childcare Committee would be delighted to talk you through the steps. For any queries and support, including around Parent & Toddler grants, please get in contact on 056-7752865.