Community Childcare Training CE Scheme (Kilkenny) Ltd
Childcare Community Employment Supervisor (Maternity Leave Cover)
Vacancy: Childcare Community Employment Supervisor (Maternity Leave Cover)
Job Location: Kilkenny City
Hours of work: 39 hours per week
Garda Vetting will apply.
To ensure the effective and efficient management and co-ordination of the human, financial and material resources of the CE Scheme and report to the Sponsoring Committee on its implementation. A core aspect of the role is to support and coach CE participants towards gaining the skills, competencies and qualifications in preparation for employment
- Must have attained a Major Award at 3rd Level (NFQ Level 6 or higher) in Childcare, Business /Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, Project Management or related disciplines. Minor/component awards at Level 6 or higher are insufficient.
- Previous Supervisory and People Management Experience (Minimum 3yrs)
- Full Drivers Licence and use of own car
- Competency in I.T. skills i.e. (MS Office)
- NFQ recognised Childcare qualification and/or experience working within the Early Years/Childcare Sector.
- Good working knowledge of policy and practice in the Early Years and Childcare Sector
- Design and delivery of Adult Education
- Ensure the provision of an efficient financial and accounting system in line with CE corporate governance requirements as directed by the Sponsoring Organisation.
- Ensure that financial returns i.e. wages claims, materials claims, and participant development grant claims meet the standard as laid down by DEASP.
- Ensure the implementation of systems controlling the operation of all finances e.g. cheque payments book, petty cash system, debtors, creditors and participant’s payroll, bank account and PRSI returns as directed by the Sponsoring Organisation.
- Ensure prompt and accurate payment of participant allowances
- Ensure the security of cash/equipment on the scheme as directed by the Sponsoring Organisation
- Manage an effective time keeping record system for participants on the scheme.
- Liaise with the local DEASP Office as required.
Training & Development of CE Participants.
- Carry out an identification of learner needs including education, with each participant as part of the Individual Learner Plan (ILP) process.
- Identify appropriate training providers and source and co-ordinate cost effective training/development opportunities in line with DEASP procurement guidelines.
- Prepare an Individual Learner Plan for each participant and enter on Welfare Partners in accordance with CE procedures.
- Ensure access to recognised qualifications for participants, with a focus on the achievement of relevant qualifications including Major Awards on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) or an industry related standards.
- Plan and procure relevant training opportunities which have been approved by the Department.
- Maintain and update training records for each participant on the project on Welfare Partners as part of their Individual Learner Plans.
- Monitor and review training inputs with all participants.
- Plan and organise work placements – internal and external as required.
- Report on ILP developments to the Sponsoring Organisation.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment of CE applicants in accordance with the Department’s CE recruitment and referral processes.
- Plan and co-ordinate the approved work schedules and ensure contracts of employment are in place for all participants.
Full Job Description can be obtained from [email protected].
Applications by post to:
Chairperson Pat Brennan
Community Childcare Training CE Scheme
Fr McGrath Family Resource Centre,
St Joseph’s Road
Closing Date for applications is Wednesday 6th January 2021.