Danesfort Community Childcare are Seeking Applications for the Role of Service Manager.
Function: The role of the Manager is to provide professional leadership, management, planning, and organisation within the creche, and to effectively manage the day-to-day running of the service, thereby delivering the highest standards of child care and development, in a safe and nurturing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Promote the highest standards of child care and education.
· Ensure that the welfare and needs of each child are met at all times.
· Ensure compliance with all regulations and guidelines.
· Support staff in fulfilling their roles and goals.
· Good knowledge and delivery of all organisational policies and procedures.
· Work in partnership with parents/guardians/carers.
· Ensure a safe and positive environment is maintained for all children and staff.
· Develop and maintain good relationships with staff and parents.
· Manage some financial aspects of the service in collaboration with the Board.
· Monthly reporting to the Board.
You will be required to have the following skills:
· A broad knowledge of childcare regulations and experience working with Tulsa and other stakeholders.
· An understanding of implementing an Aistear based Curriculum.
· Extensive experience with Early Years Hive and PIP portal.
· Be self-motivated and have the ability to motivate others.
· Possess strong organisational and administration skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Have an understanding of the financial aspects of running the business.
· Well-honed Leadership skills.
· Good Computer Skills.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Ideally 5+ years’ experience working in a childcare facility with 3 of these in a management position.
· Minimum FETAC level 8 award.
· Full clean driving license.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do, by the Board, either now or in the future.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Salary: €31,200.00-€38,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Performance bonus
- Retention bonus
- Yearly bonus
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Bachelor’s (required)
- Management: 3 years (required)
Application deadline: 11/03/2022
Applications, to include the employee’s CV and a cover letter, can be submitted in the strictest of confidence to Mr. Liam Mullen, Chairman of the Board, to [email protected]