Step By Step Crèche and Afterschool in Paulstown Co Kilkenny are currently recruiting and we require a full-time Childcare Practitioner to join our dedicated team. The post is initially 30 hours per week increasing to 35 hours a week in January 2023,
Step By Step Crèche is a purpose built, private childcare service catering for up to 65 children per day. We are located in Paulstown, Co Kilkenny which is approximately half way between Kilkenny and Carlow. We cater for children from 2 year – 5 years and have a separate after-school building for children aged 6 – 12 years.
> We currently require a full-time Childcare Practitioner to join our dedicated team
> Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the individual needs of the children are identified and met.
- Assess and plan for children’s learning based on their interests and needs.
- Ability to work in collaboration within a team.
- To have the knowledge to support and scaffold each child’s individual learning journey.
- Administrative skills are needed to document learning and maintain all relevant records in line with Siolta and Aistear.
- Awareness of early year’s regulations, relevant legislation and policies.
- Adhering to company policies, procedures and operational practices at all times. Ensuring positive working relationships are developed and maintained with children, staff, parents and carers.
- Comply with all current Covid 19 Protocols
The successful candidate must have:
- The successful candidate will be very familiar with curriculum planning and observation and a knowledge of working with the Aistear-Siolta practice guide Curriculum.
- Good communication skills – Fluency in both spoken & written English.
- Childcare Qualification Level 6 or above
- Position may suit newly Qualified Childcare Practitioner wishing to gain experience working in a childcare setting with experienced practitioners.
Initially 30 hours per week increasing to 35 hours a week in January 2023, open 51 weeks and closed over Christmas holidays
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience in line with the new Employment Sectoral Order.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send CV to [email protected]