Deenside Early Years’ Service is a community based full day-care service catering for children from birth to 13 years. Our purpose-built centre is co-located within the Castlecomer Community Hall.
Deenside Early Years aims to provide care and advance the education of children by providing an affordable, family friendly, child centred and accessible childcare service, to meet the overall development needs of children and support parents in the local community.
The Board of Management (BOM) of Deenside Early Years’ service is seeking a dynamic and passionate Manager who will assist us with the ongoing development of the service.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday – 39 hours per week.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- To ensure the smooth and effective running of all aspects of the service.
- To ensure the effective daily management of the service in accordance with the requirements of the Policies and Procedures of the Service, the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016, the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) (Registration of School Age Services) Regulations 2018, and all other relevant policy and legislation.
- To review all policies and procedures as necessary and work with the staff team and B.O.M to further develop said policies and procedures.
- To stay abreast of and respond to policy at local and national level.
- To ensure the health and safety of children, staff, parents and visitors to the service whilst on the premises or in the care of Deenside Early Years’ Service. To maintain and observe all mandatory obligations in regard to child safeguarding.
- To be pro-active in promoting the service within the community, to establish and maintain a welcoming, open culture and atmosphere and effectively manage occupancy.
- To be responsible, in collaboration with the BOM, for the recruitment, induction & training of all staff. To maintain appropriate staffing levels to meet the needs of the children and regulatory requirements.
- To lead a strong staff team with a positive, supportive approach to working with each other, the children and their parents/carers. To manage the support and supervision of all staff incorporating annual performance reviews.
- To ensure the implementation of and to follow the principles of Síolta and Aistear.
- To facilitate staff meetings and curriculum development. To ensure all documents in the assessment of and for learning are accurate and up to date.
- To ensure the voice, needs and rights of the child underpin all aspects of the ethos and practices within the service. To promote parental partnership and inclusion to the greatest extent possible.
- To support parents specifically in relation to their needs as they relate to their child’s development.
- To link and liaise with statutory and voluntary agencies and other professionals, to attend meetings and case conferences as appropriate.
- To oversee and manage the finances of Deenside Early Years’, to administer and oversee the national childcare funding schemes ensuring compliance with all funding contracts.
- To meet with the BOM regularly and to ensure the provision of accurate and timely reports on all aspects of the work within the service. To prepare funding proposals as necessary.
- Relevant qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care or related discipline, as recognised by the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland at a minimum of Level 8 (or equivalent).
- At least five year’s relevant experience.
- At least two year’s supervisory experience in a similar or related role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sincere and genuine interest in the welfare, education and care of children and their families.
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to facilitate change sensitively.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Good ICT Skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
Deenside Early Years is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Any queries and a full job description available from Martin Rafter – [email protected] -at 056-77-52111. Applications can be made through the submission of a current CV & cover letter by email to Martin Rafter [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 12th February 2022, or to Martin Rafter, Kilkenny LEADER Partnership. 8 Patrick’s Court. Kilkenny.
Also here; www.activelink.ie/node/87847