The Fr. McGrath Centre is seeking to employ a part time afterschool project worker. We are a school-aged childcare service that provides care and support for families in the community.
This post will be responsible for the planning and implementation of activities based on the needs and abilities of the children in your care. The daily duties include ensuring the safety of all the children in the programme, serving after-school snacks, interacting with children and their families, working independently as well as with a team, and creating an enriching, fun and safe environment. This project’s aim is to combat educational and social disadvantage through targeted interventions.
- The minimum qualifications required: QQI Level 6 or higher in Early Childhood Care and Education, Social Care or Youth work.
- Experience working with children and young people in a community-based setting is desired but not essential.
- Good understanding of children’s developmental needs.
- Effective communication and organisation skills.
- An appreciation for working in an inclusive environment for children and families.
- Other training may be required after employment begins.
- This person needs to be available to work 20 hours, Monday – Friday (afternoons).
This position is ideal for someone who’s is looking to work with school aged children in the afternoon, is creative, child oriented, responsible and dedicated.
Applications should be made by forwarding a cover letter and CV by email to [email protected] by Friday the 3rd of February.