Kilkenny Community Early Years Project is a cross community, needs based Early Years service catering for children aged 2 to 6 years. KCEYP works to support children and families to reach their full potential in all areas of development, through the implementation of a play based emergent curriculum, while using a partnership approach in assisting, liaising and mediating with other professionals who are supporting the families.
KCEYP is currently looking to recruit a Home Liaison Worker (19-24hrs a week)
The role of the Home Liaison worker is to provide a strong link between the preschool and the home environment. The Home Liaison team aims to optimize developmental outcomes for children through supporting parents/guardians. The team provides support through Home Visits, Parent classes and offers information on other family supports available locally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating a parent’s programme in cooperation with Project Coordinator and the other Home Liaison worker, to support parents in identifying their own needs as they relate to their children. The support provided focuses on strengthening the family’s ability to provide a nurturing environment for their children.
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability to liaise with a wide range of professionals and build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to be proactive and use own initiative
- Positive and flexible approach to working as part of a team
- Good written communications skills
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience of working with children and families
- Level 8-degree qualification in relevant area such as Social Care, Childhood Care and Education, Child Development, etc.
- A full clear driver’s licence and access to the use of a suitably insured vehicle
Closing Date: 12pm Friday 30th of June 2023
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 5th of July 2023
If you have any additional questions or would like to view the full job description for the position, please contact the Project Coordinator, Alicia Mastrandrea, at [email protected] or at 087 652 1052. To apply please submit Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]
Candidates will be short listed based on information supplied. Kilkenny Community Early Years Project may develop a panel of qualifying candidates for any future vacancies in 2023.
Kilkenny Community Early Years Project is an equal opportunities employer