Kilkenny Traveller Community Movement are Recruiting an Afterschool’s Quality & Service Manager!
Kilkenny Traveller Community Movement is seeking to recruit an Afterschool’s Quality and Service Manager
KTCM is a Traveller led organisation which supports Travellers and Traveller community development throughout County Kilkenny. The KTCM works in partnership with Kilkenny County Council, Kilkenny Leader Partnership Company, the Health Service Executive and the Family Resource Centre’s in the City and County.
The organisation aims and objectives include:
- Providing a supportive environment for all Travellers in County Kilkenny
- Working together to improve the lives of the Traveller community.
- Creating an environment for Travellers to work together and participate
- Supporting groups around the county to develop and encourage Traveller participation and leadership
- Linking Travellers into opportunities for education, training, and employment opportunities
- Promoting the inclusion of Travellers and their culture
- Encouraging Travellers to network with other Traveller families, communities, and organisations in a relationship of mutual respect, openness and dignity.
To manage and develop KTCM Afterschool’s Service with responsibilities for the following but not limited to:
- Drive quality – ensure that curricula used are appropriate to setting and routines and activities are positive, varied and stimulating and promote equality.
- Encourage parental involvement and support, and research parent’s needs.
- Recruiting, supporting, directing, motivating and supervising staff.
- Financial Management of the Service – constant and review and management of business case.
- To ensure appropriate administration of all funding streams contracted by the centre, correct and accurate reporting of the same and ensure full compliance both with funding bodies and child-based agency inspections.
- To oversee the keeping of accurate records and up to date records of attendance and other management information as required.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Driving quality through the assessing staff training needs and subsequently planning and implementing a staff training plan to ensure that childcare staff are trained to an appropriate level to carry out their duties.
- Liaise with outside relevant professionals such as social workers, HSE, County Childcare Committee, teachers, speech therapists etc.
The specific duties and responsibilities of this job description are not restrictive, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties within the scope of the role, as required by the KTCM Board
- Experience of managing Early Childhood Learning Services – financial management, Compliance, HR, Health & Safety and quality development.
- Experience of working with families of diverse cultures and backgrounds is essential.
- |Knowledge of human development and family life cycle in children and families.
- Sound knowledge of the cultural situations involved with the child and family.
- Thorough knowledge of community, social, educational and recreational resources.
- Skilled in crisis intervention, teaching and listening and basic problem solving.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and judgment
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to forward plan and implement programmes with projected outcomes.
- An excellent knowledge of behaviour management and therapeutic interventions.
- A level 8 or 9 in a relevant field. An extensive knowledge of the Early Years is essential in the understanding and theory behind interventions that will be required to be delivered, appropriate to the healthy development and well-being of children.
Shortlisting will apply
For further information and application please call Stephen Plunkett CEO. Kilkenny Traveller Community Movement. Co. Kilkenny. Tel: 083 0987374. Email: [email protected] Closing date for applications: 5 pm 14/03/.2022 Email applications to; [email protected]