Step By Step Crèche is a purpose built, private childcare service catering for up to 40 children per day . We are located in Paulstown, Co Kilkenny which is half way between Kilkenny and Carlow. We cater for children from 2 year – 10 years old.
> We currently require a full-time Childcare Practitioner to join our dedicated team
> Roles and Responsibilities:
– Ensuring the individual needs of the children are identified and met.
– Assess and plan for children’s learning based on their interests and needs.
– Ability to work in collaboration within a team.
– To have the knowledge to support and scaffold each child’s individual learning journey.
– Administrative skills are needed to document learning and maintain all relevant records in line with Siolta and Aistear.
– Awareness of early year’s regulations, relevant legislation and policies.
– Adhering to company policies, procedures and operational practices at all times. Ensuring positive working relationships are developed and maintained with children, staff, parents and carers.
– The successful candidate will be very familiar with curriculum planning and observation and a knowledge of working with the Aistear-Siolta practice guide Curriculum.
– Good communication skills – Fluency in both spoken & written English.
– Level 5 Childcare Qualification will be considered with relevant experience
– Position may suit newly Qualified Childcare Practitioner (with Level 6 or above) wishing to gain experience working in a childcare setting with experienced practitioners.
35 hours per week open 51 weeks and closed over Christmas holidays
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience in line with the new Employment Sectoral Order.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From €14.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 13/10/2023
Please email [email protected] with an up to date CV.