Mid Term Review of Better Outcomes, Brighter Futures
The mid-term review of Better Outcomes, Brighter Futures serves as a general progress and process check on the implementation of the first national children and young people’s Policy Framework and is directly informed by the views and perspectives of key groupings in this area. The main aim was the delivery of a mid-term review that focuses on the status of the framework and the progress made on its implementation, while offering learning to inform the next phase of the implementation process. This included a focus on the following:
• A review of the process and implementation structure.
• A review of awareness and visibility amongst stakeholders.
• A review of engagement amongst stakeholders.
• A review of outcomes to date.
• An identification of learning and innovative practices.
• The need to determine the content and course of action for Phase 2 of implementation 2018 – 2020.
It also considers progress in terms of the development and implementation of the three constituent strategies of Better Outcomes, Brighter Futures:
• National Strategy on Children and Young People’s Participation in
Decision Making 2015 –2020.
• National Youth Strategy 2015 – 2020.
• National Early Years Strategy (forthcoming).
The review has been approved by the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs and has been also approved by the Children and Young People’s Policy Consortium.
Mid-term Review of Better Outcomes, Brighter Futures
For more see the DCYA Website.