Minister O’Gorman announces €325,000 under the Parent and Toddler Group Grants Initiative 2022
From Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth
Last updated on
Minister for Children, Disability, Equality, Integration and Youth, Roderic O’Gorman, is pleased to announce the details of the Parent and Toddler Group Grants Initiative 2022. The Minister has secured funding of €325,000, which will be allocated to Parent and Toddler Groups nationwide through local City/County Childcare Committees (CCCs). From today, Parent and Toddler Groups are invited to make an application for funding under this Initiative through their local CCC.
This year, 2 new funding streams are being introduced under Parent and Toddler Group Grants Initiative:
- firstly, funding of up to €400 is available to establish and operate Buggy Walking Groups. These Buggy Walking Groups are organised social walks for parents/guardians and young children. The grant of up to €400 is open to any existing or new organisations or groups who wish to offer a minimum of six organised walks within their community
- secondly, funding of up to €400 is available for new or existing Parent and Toddler Groups to provide an additional session
In addition to these new funding streams, Parent and Toddler Groups can apply for funding towards:
- toys, equipment and books for indoor and outdoor activities, children’s refreshments
- storage for equipment
- training for parents, for example: paediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses, facilitated sessions
- children’s activities, for example: arts and crafts, music
- limited funding will be available towards insurance, rent or minor refurbishment
Commenting on the launch of the Parent and Toddler Group Grants Initiative 2022, Minister O’Gorman said:
“The last 2 years has been challenging for all of us, not least for children and their parents. I hope this Initiative will encourage the development of new Parent and Toddler Groups, as well as support the continuation and expansion of existing Groups. Parent and Toddler Groups provide a great meeting place for parents/guardians with young children to relax and chat together in a supportive environment while their children play. I am delighted to be able to support them.”
This Initiative will be administered by local CCCs on behalf of the Department of Children, Disability, Equality, Integration and Youth. Further information on the application process, including detailed application guidelines are available now on local CCC websites. Parent and Toddler Groups are encouraged to contact their local CCC with any queries on the Initiative and the application process.
If you are an existing Parent & Toddler Group or thinking of setting up a group in your locality, please call Kilkenny CCC on 0567752865 or email [email protected] for support and information.