Step By Step Crèche is a purpose built, private childcare service catering for up to 65 children per day . We are located in Paulstown, Co Kilkenny which is half way between Kilkenny and Carlow. We cater for children from 1 year – 5 years and have a separate after-school building.
> We currently require a full-time Childcare Provider to join or dedicated team.
The Position is available from early July 2018.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the individual needs of the children are identified and met.
- Assess and plan for children’s learning based on their interests and needs.
- Ability to work in collaboration within a team.
- To have the knowledge to support and scaffold each child’s individual learning journey.
- Administrative skills are needed to document learning and maintain all relevant records in line with Siolta and Aistear.
- Awareness of early year’s regulations, relevant legislation and policies.
- Adhering to company policies, procedures and operational practices at all times. Ensuring positive working relationships are developed and maintained with children, staff, parents and carers.
The successful candidate must have:
- The successful candidate will be very familiar with curriculum planning and observation and a knowledge of working with the Aistear-Siolta practice guide Curriculum.
- Good communication skills – Fluency in both spoken & written English.
- Level 7 BA Degree in Early Childhood Studies
- 3 Years Experience working in an Early Years Service preferably as a room leader
35 hours a week over 51 weeks.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.