Kilkenny County Childcare Committee is a local support and advice agency funded by the department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration & Youth (DCEDIY). We are the first point of contact for parents and service providers looking for information and support about early childhood care and education and school age childcare.
We currently have a position for a Development Officer. This post is a full time post (35hrs per week) and continuation of contract will be dependent on funding.
- A third level qualification (level 8 or above) preferably in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC)
- A comprehensive understanding of the Early Learning and Care and School Age Childcare Sector including Childcare Legislation.
- 3-5 years’ experience of working in the ELC/SAC sector
- Excellent knowledge of policy and practice in ELC/SAC
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Government funding schemes and the associated administration.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and possess the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and have a proven ability to work effectively within a team.
- Excellent IT skills including, Word, Excel, Power point, data base packages
Closing date for receipt of completed application form is: 5pm Wednesday 17th August.
Application Form and Role Profile can be found here.
Letter of application and completed application form must be sent by email to:
Gretta Murphy [email protected]
The provisional date for interviews is 23rd August 2022
A panel may be created from which future positions may be drawn,
Kilkenny County Childcare Committee is an equal opportunity employer